Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cake Pop Tutorial

I have yet to meet a person that doesn't love cake pops. The idea came from one of my fav baking divas Bakerella, but I was introduced to them last year by my friends over at cafe mom. The creative possibilities with these little treats are endless as are the flavor combinations. Check out some variations here. Are they not the cutest things ever? Since I am not the creator of cake pops, I will direct you to Bakerella's original cake pop post as well as this great you tube vid that one of the ladies from cafe mom made for refrence. But here's my process.

Crumble cake into a food processor. It is possible to break it up with a cake if tou don't have a food processor, but it must be completely crumbled.


It should look like this once you're finished.


Next, add your icing. Start with a small amount, because if the mixture gets too moist, your cake pops will not stay on their sticks later. If you are using prepared frosting, be sure to get whipped. I usually use homemade frosting for my cake pops, but I needed it all for the cake, so I used the next best thing. Betty Crocker!



Mix until the frosting is fully incorporated and the mixture just comes together.


Line a cookie sheet with parchment and roll mixture into 1- 1 1/2 in. balls. Be careful not to make them too big.


I added sprinkles to half of mine for textire. Just sprinkle them right in.



Place your cake balls into the freezer for about 15 min to firm them up. Once you remove them from the freezer, it's time to place the lillipop sticks. Dip the end of the stick into your chocolate/candy and insert into your cake balls. This helps to anchor the sticks.


Now the fun begins. Dip your cake pops into your candy/chocolate and decorate. If you want to add sprinkles, do it immediately. To add designs or multiple colors, let cool for a few minutes before decorating.


Place in a styrofoam block to dry.


Enjoy! They are really good frozen too. They will last for up to a week in the fridge, but I guarantee you they won't be around that long.

5 comments:

Karli K. said...

yummy! These look fabulous! very creative, too.

Thanks for stopping by my blog - you were my 100th follower!!!! :D eeeeee! I'm so excited! I hope you come back - and enjoy it, too :)

Kirby said...

Oh my gosh, my husband would probably fall over dead if I made these for him! And I mean that by he would LOVE these, and my kiddos! Thanks for sharing, I'll make them sometime soon.

Thanks for also stopping by my blog and becoming a follower!

Kelly said...

YUM-O!!!! ;-p

Demetria @ Christian Homeschool Moms said...

mmmmmmm...they look so delish! I'll have to try this :-) Thanks for following my blog, btw.

LaNesha Tabb said...

so cute!!!

www.anotherdayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com